Rails & Trails Pages

Saturday, October 16, 2010

1000 Miles!

I set a goal to ride my bicycle 1000 miles this summer.  Then I had the second ankle surgery in May, and then all the poor weather early in the summer.  Speaking of weather, why is it that the wind is always blowing towards me when I'm riding??   I just had a thought--maybe it's because I'm riding so fast that the wind just FEELS like it's always in my face.  Don't snicker--I once got my bike up to 17 MPH.  It was going down a steep hill, with the wind behind me, and pedaling like crazy.  My average speed is just a little below that.  And the hills around Barron--how did God make them all at least 10 times as long uphill as downhill??  
Anyway, I rode 15 miles this afternoon which put me over 1000 miles. 
So, now I need a new goal for next summer.  What do you think?  How about . . . . . . . . 10,000 miles????

Arlyn

2 comments:

  1. It's a shame you don't have a donate button! I'd without a doubt donate to this brilliant blog! I suppose for now i'll settle for bookmarking and adding your RSS feed to my Google account. I look forward to new updates and will talk about this blog with my Facebook group. Chat soon!
    wwt shipping containers

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! This is my 1st comment here so I just wanted to give a quick shout out and say I truly enjoy reading your posts. Can you suggest any other blogs/websites/forums that cover the same subjects? Thanks for your time!
    sea containers for sale

    ReplyDelete